Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to be LGBTQ+ to dance?
- Short answer, no.
- Long answer, let's explain what queer tango is...
“Queer Tango proposes the possibility for people that dance tango to freely choose the role they want to take up and what gender they prefer to dance with. To be able to perform this way, the teaching technique used is exchanging roles. This means for everyone to learn to lead and follow. Dancers have the power to choose to dance the role they prefer or to exchange roles, depending on the person they are dancing with and the moment they decide to do so. This technique allows exploring the dynamics in more equal relationships. Here, the symbolic power that lays on the leading role vanishes when either person can take up either role, indistinctly.”
Co-founder of the Buenos Aires Queer Tango Festival
What comes with my ticket?
“Lead, Follow... Switch!”
Four days packed with workshops and glamorous social events!
Workshops & Master Classes
Different levels taught by renowned local and international master teachers .
Special tango social parties every night with performances by our featured artists (teachers, musicians, singers and DJs),
plus live music and refreshments.
Make sure to RSVP for specific events!
(so *we* know who's coming and *you* get automatic text message reminders!)
Where do I go for the workshops and milongas? Who's teaching? How much is the festival?
- We're busy coordinating and securing this year's details, but here's what we CAN tell you right now...
#1. All workshops/classes will be held:
- in one location at IATI (East Village), except for Friday, at JdB PAC
#2. The milongas will be on:
- Thursday at Dardo Galletto Studios (Times Square)
- Friday at the Julia de Burgos Performance and Arts Center (East Harlem)
- Saturday at the All Night Milonga (venue: Chelsea's Stepping Out Studios)
- Sunday at Astoria Tango Club (Astoria, Queens)
#3. The teacher lineup:
- Alejandro Villalobos
- Augusto Balizano
- Carla Marano
- Karina Romero
- Mariana Parma
- Walter Pérez and Leonardo Sardella
#4. Ticket Package Rates
When can I buy tickets?
no advance sales. you can purchase your package of classes and milongas or your simple class in the ticket office that will work before each class
What about transportation, hotels and meals?
Amenities will be courtesy of our concierge service. Get exclusive deals by redeeming your ticket confirmation number.
Where can I find more tango before/after the festival?